Sunday, February 27

The Enneagram Test


*this is so true.


Basic Fear: Of being rejected.
Basic Desire: To be accepted.
World View: The world values a champion. Avoid failure at all costs.
Childhood Origin: Connected to mother-figure.

Threes are success oriented and excelling. They are very driven to achieve their goals, and they desire to feel worthwhile, accepted, and desirable. Threes believe in themselves and are often well liked for their positive qualities. They feel that they are "okay" as long as they are successful and others think well of them. At their worst, they feel that there is nothing to do to win the positive attention of the people whose approval they need. At their best, they no longer believe that their value is dependent on the regard of others, and they become genuine and benevolent.

energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.
How to Get Along with Me
* Leave me alone when I am doing my work.
* Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback.
* Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful.
* Don't burden me with negative emotions.
* Tell me you like being around me.
* Tell me when you're proud of me or my accomplishments.

What I Like About Being a Three
* being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat
* providing well for my family
* being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge
* staying informed, knowing what's going on
* being competent and able to get things to work efficiently
* being able to motivate people 

What's Hard About Being a Three 
* having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence
* the fear on not being -- or of not being seen as -- successful
* comparing myself to people who do things better
* struggling to hang on to my success
* putting on facades in order to impress people
* always being "on." It's exhausting.

Threes as Children Often
* work hard to receive appreciation for their accomplishments
* are well liked by other children and by adults
* are among the most capable and responsible children in their class or school
* are active in school government and clubs or are quietly busy working on their own projects

Threes as Parents
* are consistent, dependable, and loyal
* struggle between wanting to spend time with their children and wanting to get more work done
* expect their children to be responsible and organized


COPYRIGHT:
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele The Enneagram Made Easy Discover the 9 Types of People HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages 9types.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment